Subtitle is just a combination of the whole conversation of a particular movie. It can be in English, Filipino, Chinese, French, Indonesian, Thai, Korean, etc. Most of the movies that I am watching are from Hollywood but sometimes I also watch Indian movies.

man watching movie

And even though I am used to watching movies with English language, it will come to the point that the accent will make it hard for me to understand the conversation. Yeah! the movie is in English language but the accent is to hard to understand. Thanks to the subtitle available online to download, I can clearly understand the conversation from beginning up to the end even though the English is not that clear, the English is kinda slang, or even the movie is not an English movie.

Before, I only watched movies using my computer. The movie player has an option to browse the subtitle that you downloaded and make it synch to the movie, and then you can start watching while eating your popcorn or drinking a hot cup of coffee.

But now, I am more willing to watch a movie using my Samsung television. But before, I do not know that I can actually put subtitle in a movie even though I am watching it using my television. But now, I know how to do it. And I will going to teach you how to put or add movie subtitles on a Samsung TV. You can also try the technique on other television but I have no guarantee that this will work.

NEEDED:

1. a movie to watch
2. downloaded subtitle of the movie
3. Samsung TV
4. USB flash drive
5. computer

STEPS:

1. When you already have all the needed things listed above, on your computer, create a New Folder.

2. Label the folder with the title of the movie. Let us say, "The 3 Idiots".

3. Now, copy and paste the movie and the subtitle inside the folder that you created.

4. Change the label of the movie and the subtitle (.srt) to the name same as the name of your folder. Meaning, the folder, movie, and subtitle should have the same name or label which is "The 3 Idiots".

5. When done, copy and paste the folder in your USB flash drive.

6. Safely remove the flash drive and connect it in the USB port located at the back of your Samsung TV.

7. Now, press Media (remote control) and choose USB.

8. Access the folder that you created. Select the movie and play it.

9. Check if the subtitle is working. If it is, then continue checking if it synch with the movie. If not, then you can try to download another subtitle and repeat the same process.

IMPORTANT TIPS:

1. After downloading a subtitle, you can already check it using your computer's movie player whether it is synch or not to the movie that you have. It is a little time consuming if you will only going to check the synchronization when you are already watching the movie using your Samsung TV.

2. When downloading a subtitle it is better to check its rating, and how many times it was downloaded. The higher rating and higher number of downloads signifies that the subtitle is also a good one.

If you have something to share or ask regarding this tutorial, please do not hesitate to leave a comment below. Thank you!