Ads.txt or Authorized Digital Sellers text file is a file that contains all the allowed advertisers to show ads on your blog or website. Correct me if I am wrong, but that is the simple idea that I got from that text file since I implemented it on my blogger website. In a more advanced definition, it is designed to authorize online buyers to scan the validity of the sellers or advertisers from whom they buy, for the purposes of internet fraud prevention.

ads.txt blogger adsense

Ads.txt file was adopted and became common in the world wide web during the year 2017. And personally, I was asked by all the Publisher Programs that I am in to install or have the ads.txt file on my blogger. At first, adding the file was really impossible, because when you are using blogger platform, you do not have the backend side of blogger wherein you can upload the text file directly inside your server. But, Blogger made the adjustment and created a section within the Blogger Settings to easily copy and paste all the needed line of code or record for a valid ads.txt file.

Google Adsense also sent me an email to have a line of code inside my ads.txt file that is directly pointing unto them as one of my advertisers on my blog. I definitely and immediately added them inside my ads.txt file because they are the main source of my blog's income.

According to a message sent to me by one of the publisher programs I am in was, to be able to increase my website's revenue I needed to put all the advertisers' designated code inside my ads.txt file. Others stated that adding their advertisers inside the file will increase and give my website more campaign with them that can also lead to more revenue.

Below, is a video that I personally uploaded on my Youtube channel about adding the ads.txt file when it comes to Blogger blog. Have some time and take a look at the simple process by watching the video.


The video above only tackles about how to add an ads.txt file on blogger for Google Adsense publishers. I have an additional tutorial below about adding the ads.txt file on blogger for Ambient Philippines, Innity Philippines, and Infolinks.

How to add ads.txt file on blogger for Ambient Philippines.
How to add ads.txt file on blogger for Innity Philippines.
How to add ads.txt file on blogger for Infolinks.

Based on my own experience, adding the ads.txt file on your blog will not drastically increase your earnings. Ads.txt is just an authorization file, so even though you allowed all the ads to appear on your blog, still, if your blog or website do not have enough page views to gather many clicks then your revenue is also going to be low. Your blog readers or visitors are still more important to gain more money out of your blog. After all, in Google Adsense alone, a click on their advertiser's ad will not be credited all in your blog's earnings inside your Google Adsense account. You as a publisher and Adsense are still dividing the money out of that one click. 68% of that click goes to you and 32% is going to Google. Therefore if a click gained you $1.00, then you will earn $0.68 and $0.32 will be owned by Google. Correct me if I am wrong, but that's the understanding that I have inside my Google Adsense account regarding the so-called Active products: Content 68% publisher revenue share. But I am also aware that if you are a Premium Google Adsense publisher you can decide the percentage of revenue that you can earn from every clicks on your website.